Cold Spring Church
780 Seashore Road
Cold Spring, NJ 08204 USA
A Session is the leadership team for a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) congregation, a denomination that Cold Spring Presbyterian Church has been a member of since, well, before the denomination was formed! The Session is comprised of nine (9) women and men who are Ruling elders elected by the congregation to terms of service. The Session Meeting gathers monthly with the Transformation Pastor, Dr. Kevin Yoho, who serves as the Session Moderator. The Session is responsible for the spiritual vitality of its members and listening to the Spirit of God and the voice of the congregation to best serve the community of Greater Cape May, New Jersey.
2019 Session Team Leadership: Our elders lead one of four ministry teams. Speak with them to share your ideas, concerns, joys, learn more, or please, join a team that interests you.
- Congregational Life: Marjorie Wetherill, Pamela Barsby
- Worship-Music: Martin Bowne, Rob Riehl
- Finance-Personnel: Vickie Banks, Tom Imperato, Charles Keister
- Cemetery-Church Property: Bob Olivieri, Kevin Beare
The Top Ten Session Responsibilities include:
- Mission of the church (working with the congregation, inspiring the congregation, and equipping the congregation to achieve the vision and mission of Cold Spring Presbyterian Church)
- Worship (providing regular, spiritually energizing and equipping, experiences)
- Transformation (learning and growing in community-directed ministry)
- Evangelism (sharing the Good News about Jesus)
- Community (serving the community of Cape May)
- Education (providing learning experiences for all ages)
- Stewardship (promoting the joyful participation of our time, energy, and attention to support God’s work)
- Finance (setting the annual budget, financial review and accountability, and investing resources)
- Administration (works with the pastor to pro five supervision and training to all staff)
- Higher Governing Bodies and Ecumenical Relationships (regularly participating in the regional ministry of West Jersey Presbytery, the national ministry of the Presbyterian Church, (U.S.A.), and local ecumenical partners)
Additional session leadership resources are discussed in the, The Presbyterian Trustee, A Guide, (Geneva Press, 2004).